Family LawKnow Your Rights!
The Firm has attorneys who have dealt
with all these situations
The Firm, LLC, Trusted Maryland Family Attorneys
Family law can encompass many difficult and emotional issues, including divorce, child custody, paternity, adoption, parental rights, child support, and visitation rights and schedules. When dealing when such personal events in National Harbor, MD, it is incredibly important to have a family law attorney you can trust at your side.
When you are fighting for your rights in a family law case, who you choose to represent you really does matter. If you are involved in any of the following matters, it is imperative that you speak to the Maryland family law lawyers at The Firm today:
- Child custody
- Domestic protective orders
- Child abuse
- Domestic abuse
- Child Support
When it comes to one of the most common family law issues, divorce, many people do not realize that Maryland is not a community property state. Maryland adheres to an equitable distribution statute when it comes to dividing marital property. Basically, as long as the division is seen as fair by a judge, property does not have to split down the middle. Property that was owned by one party before the marriage will remain with that party and will not be divided as marital property. This can all make things a bit more complicated than divorcing in a community property state and requires the expertise of an experienced Maryland family law attorney.
Dealing with divorce, custody, and child support can be extremely frustrating and you may need the expertise of a trained attorney to assist you and/or guide you through the process.
Call The Firm: maybe we can help. Call The Firm and speak to one of the coordinators. We will take your information and decide the best course of action for your specific situation.
- Grounds for Divorce Update (New Law October 1, 2023
- Maryland Shared Physical Custody Law Update
- Can I Get a Witness?
- Modification of Child Support and Child Custody
- Setting Realistic Expectations in a Maryland Family Law Case
- What Are The Issues Covered In A Maryland Divorce
- What Is Mutual Consent Divorce?
- How Does Maryland Law Define Property In A Divorce Case?
- How Does Maryland Law Define Debt In A Divorce Case?
- Are There Different Types Of Child Custody In Maryland?
- When Is a Guardian Ad Litem Used In A Custody Case?
- Will I Automatically Receive Child Support If I Am Awarded Custody?
- How Long Does Someone Have To Pay Child Support For?
- What Interested You In Practicing Family Law In Maryland?
- Is Alimony Or Spousal Support Always Awarded In A Divorce Case?
- Is Maryland A Joint Or Community Property State?
- How Is Debt Divided In Maryland In A Divorce Case
- How Can Someone Prepare For An Impending Divorce?
- Which Party Has To Pay Alimony Or Spousal Support In A Divorce?
- How Is The Amount Of Alimony Or Spousal Support Determined?
Family law deals with some of the most stressful events that will ever occur in a person’s life. These are emotional times that can prove to be incredibly difficult and inspire less than optimal behavior from otherwise mature adults. It is imperative to have a family law lawyer on your team in your National Harbor, MD case. A family law case should never be handled on your own.
The family law attorneys at The Firm are experienced in handing delicate issues like child custody, separation, divorce, alimony, and visitation rights with expert care. These types of issues can be very delicate, as most people are not comfortable sharing the private details of their marriage, parenting, and financial relationships with someone they’ve just met. It is so important to find a family law lawyer you can trust to handle your National Harbor case discreetly and respectfully.
A skilled and experienced family law attorney in National Harbor, MD can help put you at ease and protect your legal rights when it comes to issues of family law in Maryland. Family law cases are simply too precious and too important to be left in the hands of just any attorney. If you currently find yourself facing the harsh reality of a divorce, a separation, a custody dispute, or issues regarding child support, paternity, alimony, or adoption, call The Firm and speak to one of our Maryland family law lawyers about your case today. You will never regret investing in an attorney who will make sure that you are treated fairly and that you interests are represented in family law court.
If we can help you, you will be set up to meet with one of our attorneys. Consultations may be free of charge, depending on your particular case and/or needs.