Personal InjuryKnow your rights!
Have you been injured in automobile/motorcycle accident? Have you been injured as a result of possible medical negligence?
Beginning at the scene of the accident, there are certain things you should do AND should not do.
Know your rights!
We have years of experience in dealing with clients who have been injured by another person(s) negligence.
Consultations are FREE.
If you’ve been injured in an accident, you may be entitled to compensation and The Firm can help!
If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall, a motor vehicle accident, a commercial vehicle crash, or any other incident, you are entitled to seek out monetary compensation. The physical, emotional, and financial pain you’ve suffered matters. If you are seeking compensation for injures in Maryland, you can file a negligence claim against the person who caused your injuries. For the best chance of recovering a fair amount, enlist the assistance of a National Harbor personal injury attorney.
An attorney can help you prove that the person who caused your injuries was negligent. Negligence is a legal concept that requires several elements to be proven. You need an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side to adequately prove that negligence occurred in your National Harbor, MD case. Since Maryland is a contributory negligence state, you also need a skilled personal injury attorney to defend you from any claims that your own negligence contributed to your injuries. If the other side can prove that you were negligent and that negligence caused, even in part, your own injuries, you will not be permitted to recover in any amount for those injuries. This can be an extremely devastating outcome for an injured person.
Anyone who has been injured in an accident and feels they are not at fault in Maryland should prepare to immediately hire a reputable personal injury lawyer to help file a claim for compensation for his or her damages. When you’ve been injured in an accident, your damages may include pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and more; they are not limited to merely physical suffering. However, each state only allows a certain amount of time before an injured person can no longer file a lawsuit for negligence. This is called the statute of limitations and it is quite inflexible. In fact, certain negligence claims, against a government entity, for example, may have even shorter time limits. These claims require the immediate expertise of a National Harbor, Maryland personal injury attorney.
Unfortunately, when it comes to accidents and negligence, some people end up paying the ultimate price. Wrongful death is what happens when an individual loses his or her life at the hands of a negligent person or company. In Maryland and in every other state, certain loved ones and family members of the deceased person whose life was lost to negligence are legally allowed to file a claim asking to recover damages for their losses. Those damages can sometimes include the loss of the financial support the family member planned to provide to his or her family throughout their lifetime and also the emotional support those loved ones will no longer receive from that deceased individual. In Maryland, the statute of limitations in a wrongful death case is three years. Also, each state defines who can and who cannot file a wrongful death suit. It is absolutely necessary to involve an experienced personal injury lawyer in your National Harbor wrongful death case.
- Personal Injury Fees
- Witnessess (personal injury car accidents)
- What Can I Expect After Filing A Personal Injury Claim?
- How Is The Amount Of Damages Determined In A Personal Injury Case?
- How Often Do Personal Injury Cases Go To Trial?
- Why Should I Settle My Claim? Is It Better Than Going To Trial?
- Does Having An Attorney Involved Make Insurance Companies View A Case Differently?
- What Factors Cause Personal Injury Cases To End Up In Litigation?
- Why Should I Settle My Personal Injury Claim?
- How Do Pre-Existing Conditions Impact My Personal Injury Settlement?
- How Is My Attorney Compensated In A Personal Injury Settlement?
- What Types of Personal Injury Cases Does Your Firm Handle?
- Do Most Personal Injury Cases Reach a Settlement Before Going to Trial?
- How Important Are Evidence and Witnesses in a Personal Injury Claim?
- What Are Some Mistakes That Can Harm My Personal Injury Claim?
- What Can Someone Expect When They Call Your Office For A Personal Injury Case?
- How Common Are Slip And Fall Accidents That Result In Injuries?
- How Common Is It That Victims Of A Slip And Fall Are Negligent Themselves?
- What Are Car Insurance Requirements in Maryland?
- Should I Ever Tell My Insurance Company That An Accident Was My Fault?
- What Are The Top Misconceptions People Have In Auto Accident Cases?
- What Steps Should Someone Take To File An Auto Accident Claim?
- What Happens To My Claim if My Injury Takes Longer To Manifest?
- How Long Do Auto Accident Claims Generally Take To Get Resolved?
- What Impact Does The Cause Of An Auto Accident Have On My Case?
- What If The At-Fault Party Has Very Little Or No Insurance Coverage?
- What Is Considered A Pedestrian Accident Under Personal Injury Law?
- What Damages Are Recoverable In A Pedestrian Accident Case?
- How Common Are Accidents Involving Trucks Or Other Commercial Vehicles?
- What Kind Of Evidence Is Important In Trucking Accident Cases?
Don’t sign any documents or make any statements to anyone UNLESS you call your carrier and call us.
Call The Firm and speak to one of the coordinators. We will take your information and decide the best course of action for your specific situation.
If we can help you, you will be set up to meet with one of our attorneys.
Consultations may be free of charge, depending on your particular case and/or needs.
Excellent Attorney. Very helpful and knowledge. He goes above and beyond the call of duty. Wonderful demeanor. Pleasure to work with. Highly recommended.
Mr. Barrett just give the information I was looking for, even when I did not know how to ask the correct question, he knew how to make me understand my needs. I recommend him for everyone who need a lawyer.
Mr. Barrett was very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. He explained the process in detail and answered all of my questions.
Need to talk with us?
General Litigation Services throughout the Maryland area.